I looked for this article on the hoax sites and could not find it.  I sent a
request to snopes.com to see if they could find out if it was indeed a hoax.
I'll let you all know if I hear anything back....Jennifer

-----Original Message-----
From: Camilla Flintermann [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 12:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fw: US Navy & Our flag

<mailto:[log in to unmask]>Earl Walsh & Family Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000
4:59 PM Subject: US Navy & Our flag

Dear Ervin---Please do not forward this unless you can absolutely verify
that it is true. There are too many "reportedly" and "anonymous" and '"
allegedly" qualifying statements for it to be believable. It reads like most
of the hoaxes and legends that always say "send this to everyone you know",
and I am very suspicious of it. As has been true on many such posts, just
having an official sounding name at the end doesn't prove anything!

************ JUST TO SAY "HI"---- FROM CAMILLA ****************

On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm