The 'Poems by Bob "Tex" Armentrout' Pages
have a brand spankin-new cyber-home at:
http://www.geocities.com/bobarmentrout/

hi all

it is with great pleasure that i tell y'all that
bob armentrout's poetry is now ensconced in bob's own website
[howdeeee! another cyber-neighber of mine at geocities!)

it has been
(and still will be, i hope - that boy can spout some verbiage!)
my great honour and privilege
to help make bob's words accessible on the wwweb
whether on my own site or on his own site
makes no never-mind

i heard an interview this morning
with a hungarian-born-now-canadian woman,
author of a book about her family's escape
from an oppressive regime in hungary

she remembered her grandfather
often saying (admittedly not his quote)
that when dictators want to take control
they round up (and shut up) all the writers first;
since they were a critical threat to a dictatorship's stability
because "poets cannot lie"

the words struck me as i was working on bob's wwweb pages
for their truth was smack dab in front of me on the screen
staring at me

bob says he doesn't necessarily 'enjoy' writing
but that he 'has to'

i believe that that 'having to'
is a timeless connection to spirit and truth

his voice speaks for itself
go have a listen

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada