Hello Eveeryone,

Thank you for the support while I try to figure out the lithium and cramps.

To answer some questions brought up in your e-mail:  My pharmacist said
lithium is also used by people who have cramping after seizures.  The Lancet
June 14, 1986, page 1377, has a write up about Lithium and cramps with PD.
Authors:
Quinn and Marsden.  It shows positive results from a study in London.  It
took from 1 day to 18 days for improvement using 600 - 1400 mg lithium,
looks like they took it in a single dose at night.  Just 600mg at one time
made me feel ill.  My pharmacist then said to take in divided doses.

Anyway, after 6 days of increase in tremor and feeling ill, I probably won't
be able to take this much longer, has not helped painful cramping/dystonia.

I am starting to think I am drug intolerant.  All agonist, anticholinergics,
even selegiline make me ill and give me severe migraines.  Levodopa was
fine until I started having the dramatic and painful down times, now I am
afraid of that because the side effects are far worse than the symptoms
which were mainly tremor which went away when I walked or exercised.

I feel there is little hope for me to resolve my current problems with
drugs.  This is my 6th yr diagnosed, 8 yrs with tremor, I am 52.

What do people with PD do when they cannot take drugs?

Thanks for all your support ........ Barbara