Is there anyone on this list who ran the NYC Marathon to raise money for PD?
  I know there were runners for PD, but I don't know if they participate in
the list.  If so:

How does one actually raise the money?  Does the runner simply go around
asking for pledges, to be paid upon completion of the Marathon?  Is it like
the Read-a-thon when I was a kid -- bucks for books?  Or is there some
significant organizational skill involved to tackle something like this?

Feel free to respond to me off-list -- [log in to unmask]

Michael, son of Wayne 70/69/67