hi all

At 18:27 2000/11/20 +0100, bern wrote:
>Leaves
>
>Longings
>
>I long for the smells of the country side,
>The blossoms and flowers so bright.
>My disappointments I try to hide,
>'Till England's shores come into sight.
>
>I have made my home abroad you know,
>In a Forest filled mountain land.
>Life's pace is now very slow,
>But the scenery is just grand.
>
>I still yearn for the Green Downs,
>In Kent's Garden filled with Fruits
>The wooded hills are wearing gowns,
>Of Autumn coloured suits.
>
>Soon will come the time of Snow,
>The Mountains clean, covered in white,
>Time for the Austrian Crows,
>To complain of their hungry plight.
>
>I may dream of my home town, Dartford,
>Lying huddled in the north of Kent.
>But here I must stay I gave my word,
>A promise can never be spent.
>
>=A9 Bernard Shaw=20

hi bern

This is a multi-part message in JMP format.
......MULTI-PART MESSAGE-PART ONE.........

thank you for this

i dislike the idea of my feeling that i have to 'hide disappointments'
and quash 'yearnings' and 'stick to promises' which may have been made
in another time and another place by another less evolved me

i am positive that we are here to learn some tough lessons
but not to be in pain or grief -

i am starting to think that those negative emotions are
mostly created by our own distorted perceptions and lenses

in other words
they come from within us and can be corrected by us

......MULTI-PART MESSAGE-PART TWO.........

on another purely practical matter,
i am intrigued by your posting because
unlike your other messages,
it came in this format:

>------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C0531F.8517E080
>        name="Leaves Bkgrd.jpg"

this is a perfect example of the multi-part message e-mail problem
i described recently to a new aolian

not 'picking on' you, bern,
but your timing is spot on!

your poem is about 3k in size
your message came to the list at 21k in size
a whopping 700% needless and avoidable overkill
of internet and email resources all the way down the line
due to macrotuff megacorporation megalopoly marketing mania

MIME means Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
and despite its slightly deceiving name,

MIME format is a no-no for e-mail in general, unless
these other files are sent as attachments to an e-mail message,
and attachments are a definite no-no for e-mail listservers

MIME describes the types of files which are supported by
the World Wide Web's (WWW) Hyper-Text-Markup-Language (HTML)
which is only the newest and fastest growing part of the internet

i'm sure you intended to send us your poem in plain text format
and not in the four different ones which we all received:
"text/plain", "text/html", "image.gif" and "image.jpg"

sometimes it is not easy to find (!)
but somewhere in the options for our email software preferences,
we should be able to change our settings to
- 7-bit asciii character set (charset)
- no mime
- no attachments

with affection

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada