On 16 Nov 2000, at 11:27, Constance Tate wrote:

> my grandson needs info about canada and can't find these particulars . would
> appreciate some kind canadian to tell me where to find answers to
> tyfollowing---
> 1.-types of currency
> 2-major religon
> 3-current head of state
> 4-type of government
> 5-size of country in relation to rest of world countries
> 6-main products
> 7-unusual physical features of geography
> 8-3 unusual animals and 3 unusualplants native to canada
> 9-typical foods enjoyed by canadians
>    he has found some of these but wants to check his facts as it is an
> important
> assignment for a 6th grade project. hope someone can guide me to refernces
> that he can access.
>   connie

Hi Connie,
Here are a few places your grandson can look....

Canadiana - The Canadian Resource Page
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Unofficial/Canadiana/README.html

Canadiana Quick Reference
http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/services/quickref/ecqrmenu.htm
http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/web/esitemap.htm

Govt. of Canada - Main Site
http://canada.gc.ca/main_e.html

About Canada
http://canada.gc.ca/canadiana/cdaind_e.html

Statistics Canada
http://www.statcan.ca/english/Pgdb/

Statistics and Finances - Bank of Canada
http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/en/rates.htm

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
http://canada.gc.ca/comments/faq_e.html

Government at a Glance
http://canada.gc.ca/howgoc/glance_e.html

Canada - Consular Information Sheet
http://travel.state.gov/canada.html

Canadiana Quiz
http://www.canoe.ca/Canadiana/canquiz1.html
http://www.canoe.ca/Canadiana/canquiz2.html
http://www.canoe.ca/Canadiana/canquiz3.html

Canada - Land of Superlatives:  Questions & Answers
http://www.atlas.gc.ca/english/quiz/canada_superlatives_q.html

National Atlas - Search & FAQ
http://atlas.gc.ca/nac2/english/search/index.html

Facts About Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca/nac2/english/facts/index.html

MAPS: GIS Windows on Native Lands,
Current Places, and History
http://www.kstrom.net/isk/maps/mapmenu.html
http://atlas.gc.ca/legacy/schoolnet/issuemap/

Birds
http://www.wul.qc.ec.gc.ca/faune/faune/html/bird_list.html

Endangered Species
This site outlines the status of native animal and plant species in Canada.
Endangered, extinct, threatened or vulnerable animals and plants are listed
by category (mammal, bird, reptile, amphibian, fish, mollusk, lepidopteran
(butterfly & moth), vascular plant, moss & lichen.
The site, compiled by the Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife
in Canada (COSEWIC) is a sobering look at the over 300 Canadian species
currently at risk from human competition.
http://www.cosewic.gc.ca/COSEWIC/Default.cfm
http://www.ec.gc.ca/press/000509_n_e.htm
http://www.cosewic.gc.ca/COSEWIC/faq_e.htm

Species at Risk in Canada