Hi Joan and Stan,
I guess they think calling it a stem cell bank instead of a cord
blood bank makes it a pioneer?  Cord blood banks are not unique...

Milano Cord Blood Bank
http://polic.cilea.it/ctit/milancord/cord.htm

If you call up Google   http://www.google.com   and type
"cord blood bank"  in the search box you will see what I mean....

Now it may be cutting edge for the Catholic Church.... I dunno....

You're right... it is interesting...

Best regards ..... murray