Most PWP with a hand tremor use a hands free telephone amplifier.
This gives a "boomy" sound and makes it harder to understand.
I found that most of the newer portable phones have a place to insert a
miniplug.
Plugging a headset into that gives you a good clear telephone voice.
It is also better for those with soft voices, since the mike is close to your
mouth.
I tried a set-up from Radio Shack. Portable Tel $30. Headset $20. Works good
but I didnt like the headpiece over my head. It tended to twist my glasses.
Bought from Office Depot a headset that goes over the ear.  $14. Works very
well.
Make sure the portable phone has a miniature jack to plug the headset into
and be sure the headset is one that has a conventional miniplug.  There are
lots of different units with special plugs for cellphones.
Other style headphones for your comfort include "BodyGlove" @ Staples $25,
Plantronics @ Office Depot $20 and Belkin Wireless @ $25.
It solved my problem, Maybe it will help yours........... Sid Levin