I lost your name, but you said:

<< when I think of all the servicemen who died so we could fly our own flag
in its proper place.  >>

I hope to Hell they didn't die for such a trivial reason!
And who ever decided that WE are always the "nice" guys.
Ask Mexico who took Texas and California away from them.
Ask Nicaragua who created at gun point, Panama so we could build and control
a canal for ooor interests.
And who were we nice to in Somalia?
And ask yourself, why did we mix in to a civil war in Vietnam in the first
place.
Are you blaming all of that on Clinton, just because he screwed around?
When they were debating about whether to give up control of the Panama Canal,
one of our Congressmen said, "Why should we give it up? We stole it fair and
square."
Sure we're nice guys, but we sure ain't pure.
Let he who is pure, fly his flag higher than the rest.
Our Supreme Court said that the burning of the US Flag is not seditious. It
is an expression of free speech.
Fllying our flag lower than the other guys is no more a symbol than burning
the flag.
And what is so unique about CLinton's screwing around? Just his blatant
stupidity. How many President's screwed around in office?  Take a guess.
If flying our flag is worth dying for, what is freedom of speech worth to
you? A nickel?
Submitted in anger.............. I need to cool down.