Bernie, you speak for me, too.

"Bernard Barber,Ph.D." wrote:
> we need to coordinate and share information more aggressively. With that in
> mind I would like to suggest that we develop a standard for Assisted Living
> and Care Centers that are interested in working with PWP. I know that there
> are a few professionals that lecture on issues associated with PD, but
> there is no formalized standard. As you know that has been an interest of
> mine, and the Arizona Chapter of NPF, perhaps if we can encourage our
> members to give suggestions and advice, to our list we can put together
> such a suggested criteria for "certification".

I have developed a training seminar for registered
dietitians, and am working toward the goal of developing a
multidisciplinary team approach to helping people with PD.
This would not necessarily be limited to Care Centers, I
would like to see such an approach provided from diagnosis
through all stages of PD, in community settings as well as
LTC, assisted living, etc. I believe an early intervention
could save many hospitalizations as well as much pain and
suffering, and am convinced that a team approach is
required.

Best,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease"
     & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease,"
     J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/