A variety of symptoms can be associated with Parkinson's disease.

Depression  *
Fatigue       *
Weakness  *
Joint Pain   * ( could be due to arthritis)
Internal tremor  ( do not understand what this is)
Anxiety           ( how does this effect people- does the anxiety come before or with diagnosis)
Impaired recent memory ( not sure that I understand what this means)
Oily face or scalp *
Drooling
Constipation
Bladder urgency  (has stone in kidney)
Soft hoarse speech
Sleep disturbances (mother says yes)

Restless legs         (mother says yes)

I wonder if anyone can explain to me some of the above symptoms.

My Mother was diagnosed as having deep anxiety and depression, she was treated with fairly harsh drugs for over 2 years Her memory became affected and we feared senile dementia. However at a recent visit to a physiatrist he felt that my mother did not have that much wrong with her memory but that she could possibly have Parkinson's. Above is a list of symptoms which could possibly match her difficulties. Could anyone help explain how these things effect a person with PD.

thank you in advance

Fiona

From Edinburgh Scotland