Bill-- I sent Derek--offlist-- the info about Chuck Tames' wife Joyce who is doing well after ECT. I hope Derek will contact Chuck, who researched this VERY thououghly ! Glad it worked for your wike too. > Dear Derek -- My first wife was able to hold on and raise 5 children with me, and I feel that the ECT she received was very helpful towards that end. She had a moderate amount of short term memory loss at the time, but I am convinced that this worked in her favor; she had deep feelings of inadequacy that faded away also. There is evidence that schizophrenia and Parkinson's are somewhat related because they both result in abnormal amounts of dopamine in the brain. I hope others will E-mail the list on this subject. It is a rather scary topic;but that is one reason, I made the effort to respond. It might convince someone more reticent than me to share their experience also. Best wishes, Bill Olson, Now 70, diagnosed in 1983 > > ----- Original Message ----- From: Derek Pocock To: [log in to unmask] Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 2:05 AM Subject: Electroconvulsive Therapy > URGENT If anyone with PD has any observations on the use of ECT in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease would you please contact me as soon as possible as this treatment is being recommended for my wife and will probably be arrangd in the next 10 days. Thanks Derek Pocock p.s. at present my wife is bedridden, fed thru a stomach tube and has spent most of the last 6 months in hospital and/or convalescent care. Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55 Oxford, Ohio <<[log in to unmask]> on the web at http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm and also at http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html > "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! " And visit the CARE webring at http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html