From: "KEn Becker" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 8:34 PM
Subject: Re: NON PD: Anyone else thought of this parallel?

Lanier, I believe EVERY vote should be counted, especially those of the
military absentees and although I really would prefer Gore to be president,
if Bush gets the vote after the counting is done ACCURATELY,  the Presidency
should be his!  I don't mind the jokes at Florida's expense, but I know too
many young, intelligent and concerned people who voted in Palm Beach County,
who either knew immediately or soon after they voted, that they had voted for
Buchanan by mistake! Also, many of  the elderly KNEW  they were having a
problem, but could not get help or figured "one vote won't matter" I had a
102 fever and I went to vote, so it's sad to think that other people lost the
vote due to defective ballots and equipment.  I would like closure as much as
anyone, but we should be proud that we live in a country where an
individual's vote is worth fighting arguing or even suing for!  The only way
I would be ashamed of my (adopted) home state, would be if we just gave up
our vote without a good fight!   When the dust is settled, I believe we will
end up with modern voting machinery and a new respect for the value of each
vote!  Meanwhile, keep the jokes, songs and cartoons coming, most of them ARE
very funny! :-)
Ken "glad my name's not CHAD!"