At 02:57 PM 11/25/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>"Desperation" is not a good indication for a given treatment.  Would
>"desperation" be a reasonable indication for undergoing brain
>surgery?  Open-heart surgery?  Especially if there was very little
>scientific evidence that those procedures would help in any real way?
>
>Shock treatments are every bit as risky as major surgery, in some ways
>more than most surgeries.  ECT should be considered in the same
>category as surgery.
>

>Best,
>
>Bob

>Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.

Bob,
I think Nancy has expressed ,in her post, how desperate PWP's can,and do
become,
maybe if Paul had the option of Shock Treatment, this wouldn't have happened.

I can't say what I'd do ,because I probably view death completely different
than
most people do. I certainly would rather be dead than live the living death of
some of the patients I saw during my stay in an nursing home in 1996.  There
are some fates worse than death IMOHO.

just me,
Marjorie
68/58/55