At 12:54 2000/11/25 -0800, our doctor bob wrote, in part:
>A few days ago, there were some questions regarding the use of
>electroshock treatments in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.  I
>posted a brief message urging caution with using a procedure which
>has been shown to cause brain dysfunction.  Janet followed by a list
>of references, and Dr. Charlie also spoke favorably of ECT in
>Parkinson's.
>
>I did a PubMed challenge this morning and came up with the following
>(I reviewed the abstracts of Janet's citations as part of this)...

thanks bob

i hadnt read the citations myself
but i posted them as 'weaponry' for your 'showdown at the pd-ect corral'!

amazing stuff
this blending of movement and mood disorders
and how to deal with them

jmp

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/