hi all

i received this message from jim finn at my yahoo address some time ago
needless to say i don't check the yahoo mail very often!
sorry jim! but thanks!

and it's not just 'my website'!
... i'll have you know that according to the sitemeter statistics
the 'finn' section is currently responsible for 30% of the 'hits'!
[he 'newvoice' section is at 23% and murray charter's wwweb resources is at
9%]

regardless of the nitty gritties of the numbers
this is great news for all of us!

i will finally [!] update your pages [including this message]
 with an active link back to the bbc site
so we can hop back to 'our' site
and then hop forth to the bbc
and then ...

jim's message follows [with a few added bits from the bbc from me]

janet

http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/finn/

>And it works!  I thought you'd like to know.
>It is possible to actually see and hear the program on your computer.
>Here's how: Go to:
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/programmes/superhuman.shtml#spareparts

Superhuman
Spare Parts
22nd October

BBC 1 Sundays, 9:10-10:00pm
BBC Knowledge Wednesdays, various times
Presented by Professor Lord Winston

The possibility of medicine to replace damaged organs in the body is
making important headway. This programme reports on efforts to
replace the most inaccessible organs with spare parts - the cochlea
of a profoundly deaf two year-old and damaged retinal cells with light
sensitive electronic chips are two case studies featured in the
programme. The programme also examines how the body adapts to real life
replacements instead of bionic substitutes in hand, limb and heart
transplants and the issues surrounding the use of animal organs.

Jim Finn, of Newport Rhode Island, US, has been suffering from Parkinson's
Disease for many years. This disease is the result of damaged brain cells.
A few years ago, he volunteered to take part in a new treatment which
involved inserting foetal pig cells into his brain in the hope they might
take over the function of his damaged brain cells. The results have been
amazing: although Jim still has Parkinson's Disease, he can talk and move
much more easily. See Jim Finn's
for more information about his treatment.
(The BBC is not responsible for the content of external web sites.)

>Click on the Video Icon and, after a moment or two, watch the show.
>You'll need a 56K modem (although mine locked in at 36K) and the
>proper software such as RealPlayer.  Also to help avoid "freezing"
>it's probably best to do this late at night when traffic on the
>InterNet is not as heavy.
>
>Warmly -
>
>Jim Finn

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada