Hello to all,

        It  is  not  too  often that I post in this forum.  And, it is
     even less often that I post on-topic in this forum.  But, I  just
     had  a relevant experience that I wanted to share with everybody.

        Due to some serendipity and synchronicity I was able to travel
     almost  free  to  visit a 'Net friend in Santiago, Chile.  If you
     ever get a chance to visit -- do it!  It is a beautiful  country,
     a  wonderful  city, and has some wonderful people there.  But, if
     you do visit, ...

        Remember to put your medication in your carry-on luggage!

        I traveled to Santiago on the return leg of  a  business  trip
     and  stayed  for  four  days.  I took enough of my medications to
     last the trip and a little more.   Unfortunately,  somewhere  be-
     tween  Jackson,  Mississippi and Atlanta, Georgia, Delta airlines
     lost my bag.  Yes, the one with the medication in  it!   And,  it
     took them the entire four days to find it. :-(

        The two "biggies" of course were my Sinemet and Requip.

        Interestingly, I was fine for the first two days.  This proved
     to me something that I have always been curious about.  It  seems
     that all of my medications "build up" to some level in my system.
     I had always thought that they were good for four or  five  hours
     and then gone.

        On  the  third day, my physical system decided to go crazy all
     at once.  Not only did my medications wear off all at once but my
     stomach  decided  to  react to the local foods I had been eating.
     And, this all happened while my friend was showing me the  sights
     in downtown Santiago!

        Karen,  my  good,  dear,  wonderful friend, had her hands full
     trying to get me back to her house  on  the  outskirts  of  town.
     But, she managed, got me in bed, did her best to make me comfort-
     able, and took care of me for the last day-and-a-half of my visit
     --  which  was a real chore as my tremors kicked in in a big way!
     She doesn't own a car and relied on taxis and busses  to  get  me
     there.

        She  even  managed  to  get some Sinemet from a local pharmacy
     (without a prescription!) which helped the tremors a little while
     magnifying  (as  is  typical) my head-dyskinesia.  The pharmacist
     had not heard of Requip, but I probably  should  have  tried  for
     some Amantadine.

        Anyway,  to  make  a  long  story  short (Me?  Write something
     short?  That will be the day! :-) ).  Due to Karen's quick think-
     ing,  kindness,  and  caring  I am finally home and am working on
     building up my medications to their normal levels.  It's a little
     slow, but I'm getting there.

        Again,  if  you get a chance to visit Chile, do it.  There are
     some beautiful sights, and some wonderful people there.  But, re-
     member to put your "meds" in your carry-on luggage!

Bill--
  ...who has heard that a room without books is like a body without a soul.
                                                      +-oOOo---oOOo------+
.. William A. Parrette ...... 7177 Heritage Drive ....+------------------+
.. [log in to unmask] .............. Westchester ............|  ||     || (42?) |
.. [log in to unmask] ......... OH 45069-4012 ..........|  ||/|_|\||  /    |
.. [log in to unmask] ..... 513/779-0780 ...........|  \\ @ @ //       |
                                                           / O \