Date sent:              Thu, 23 Nov 2000 00:05:32 -0800
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Derek Pocock <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Electroconvulsive Therapy
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> URGENT
> If anyone with PD has any observations on the use of ECT in the
> treatment of Parkinson's Disease would you please contact me as soon
> as possible as this treatment is being recommended for my wife and
> will probably be arrangd in the next 10 days. Thanks Derek Pocock p.s.
> at present my wife is bedridden, fed thru a stomach tube and has spent
> most of the last 6 months in hospital and/or convalescent care.

No, no, no!  ECT and PD do not "mix".  I do not know of *any* data to
suggest that ECT is of value in Parkinson's disease.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"