Sorry Marjorie,

I do not like what is going on there in Fla, but it is beyond my control,
and the best thing we Americans can do is to have some fun with it until
they get it resolved. BTW those signs the protesters were carrying were not
my idea, they were displayed on NBC TV. I agree that this whole thing should
not have happened.

A local newspaper editor here said that there are at least some
"irregularities" in every election, but in this case the national spotlight
is focused on your state because of the closeness of the vote and is
exposing things that probably go on in every election in every state.

We need to get this election resolved soon, if  V.P. Gore wins he will need
enough  time to get the turnip greens, black-eyed peas and country ham
prepared for the inauguration day lunch.

Lanier Maddux  Chattanooga Tenn.