Dear David, Murray, Sid & Don:
First of all, I'd like to thank you four gentlemen for vastly improving
my outlook towards people and my sense of gratitude! First of all, thank
you so much for pointing the way to the article about why the pilgrims
could want to give thanks, David...beautiful sentiment & beautifully
told. Secondly, thanks to Murray for all of his postings but especially
those recent posts about  cell regeneration. I don't know if I am the
only person to feel this way, but I feel that this is an exciting time
to be alive and I intend to be a part of the cure-in my own small way.
Sid, Thank you for your kind and gentle encouragement and for always
saying the right thing! BTW, your book came in yesterday's mail & I
can't wait to dig into it!! Thank you and the work that you do for the
Alliance!! and then on to Don...you are the man who gives me the example
to go on with my life! I felt that when we dedicated our book to you
just as surely as I feel it now. As to  what kind & color of ribbon, I
have for years been making & distributing my own PD awareness &
remembrance pins (being the renegade that I am & getting no answer from
the list). At this years unity walk, we passed out several hundreds of
them. The design is quite simple actually, a narrow silver loop crossed
and glues like the aids ribbon or the breast cancer pin. I used silver
to represent the folk with pd who get it when they are 65+-the older
onsetters.
Then to show that we are united in the struggle against the disease, I
tied a navy blue  (yes, Hillary, cobalt is my favorite color, too)
ribbon into a bow and glued it onto the silver loop right where it
intersects. This is to represent the early onsetters dxed w/ PD. I will
put several of my own pins in the mail for you & for anyone else who
would like some! I'm not trying to rebel against the traditional tulip
nor the hourglass symbols but rather needed a ribbon and this worked for
me!! Thanks again to the four of you for enriching my life.   j

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder     49/10
http://www.geocities.com/joanbsnyder/