While wrestling with too many adult things this
morning, I came across this in an email. It would be
nice, wouldn't it?

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an
ADULT. I have
decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of
an 8 year-old
again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a
four-star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle. I want
to see who can
blow the biggest bubble. I want to think M&M's are
better than money
because you can eat them. I want to drink Kool-Aid,and
eat lemonheads
with my friends. I don't want to change clothes because
I got a little
dirty. I want to enjoy everyday like its summer
vacation. I want to
return to a time when life was simple.

When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables,
and TV show theme
songs, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't
know what you
didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be
happy because
you were blissfully unaware of all the things that
should make you
worried or upset. I want to think the world is fair.

That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe
that anything is
possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of
life and be
overly excited by the little things again, like a new
hot wheel. I want
to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of
computer
crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how
to survive more
illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind
word, truth,
justice, peace, dreams, the imagination and mankind. I
want to be in the
roller derby and actually believe The Three Stooges are
real.

So...here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit
card bills and my
401K statements, my pager, my Cell Phone, my palm
pilot, my fax machine
and my DVD player, and last but not least my mortgage
book. I am
officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to
catch me first
cause - "TAG. YOU'RE IT!"
Help us help the horses! Habitat for Horses, Inc.
An equine rescue and sanctuary
http://www.habitatforhorses.org/