----- Original Message -----
From: Eddy Arden <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 6:49 PM
Subject: "FREEZING" AND FALLING

> To the group...
> During the past few weeks my wife has experienced
> unusually severe and prolonged bouts   of " Freezing",
> which in tern is causing numerous, and needless to
> say, painful cases of falling.
> If anyone out there has had any sucess in overcoming
> this problem, or diminishing it in any way, we would
> certainly appreciate your advice. Thank you.
>   Edward Arden

Eddy I don't have anything to offer in terms of overcoming this problem but
please take it seriously and do everything you possibly can to prevent these
falls. My wife is currently in convalescent care completely unable to move
and this is the direct result of falls and the complications that can occur
from them. She cannot swallow and communication is extremely difficult and
we are curently awaiting a bed so that she can get some ECT treatment. It is
not my intent to scare you but only to make you aware of the consequences of
falls and so that you may avoid the feeling of helplessness that I am
experiencing on a daily basis  when not only can you not help but cannot
understand what yor wife's needs are. Fortunately she is being well cared
for by people who love her almost as much as I do, they are absolutely
wonderful to her and I thank God for them.
Sincerely
Derek Pocock
Parksville Canada