On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:48:39 -0500, plmaddux <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I don't understand what is going on, when I click "reply" on this post I get
>a msg blank with the Parkinsn list as the addressee, but when I click the
>up when I click reply? Can anyone clear this up.
>
>Lanier Maddux    Chattanbooga Tn,

If you check the header of a message, you will see 3
fields:

In this mailing list, To: is the address of the mailing list,
so that if you do a "reply to all", the mailing list will
have a copy.

From: is the sender, the email of the subscriber.

I am not sure for the Reply-to: field.  I think if you send
a message with no or blank Reply-to: (which most listers do),
that field will be replaced by the address of the list.  This
is the usual behaviour when you "reply" to the list.  But if
you filed that field (it is in the settings of your mailreader),
then that field will be sent to the listers.

And when you reply, then the "Reply-to" field is used, so that
you use the address in that field to reply.

Denis

--
    0    Denis Beauregard
   /\/   Web de généalogie: www.genealogie.com (français)