Sharon:
---you wrote ---
JoAnn C., I do not know you personally, and based upon your apparent lack of
compassion for others who are or might be experiencing problems that you have
no interest in, I don't care to know you personally. You can do as the rest
of us, if you aren't interested in the subject of a particular posting, skip
it......If I have offended anyone with my bluntness I apologize. I do not
wish to
create trouble, I only want to do my part in helping others with PD. The
attitude of J. Coen, is inexcusable and I have very little patience with
those who have no compassion for others. If you feel I have created a
problem and would prefer that I not post here again, please let me know and I
will remove myself from the list.
Sharon:

No, we don't want you to remove yourself from the list --  even if you may
have to duck a little flack this morning from some who will protect joann.
:)   she wasn't referring to you at all. earlier in the year there was a
death of a pwp who was well known and liked by some of those who've been on
the list longer than i have been. at first the discussion was useful in
helping some vent their feelings. unfortunately, a list member who has
voluminous postings would not let the discussion stop. it was more like the
list concentrated on cd than pd. what i'm trying to say i guess is there
was no balance there. this person was asked politely to taper off a little.
she overwhelmed everyone with messages like you wouldn't believe, and
refused to stop. this is who jo ann was referring to. (and i have to add
here the list member who posted so much has been a little better about her
posts --even if i jab a little here and there.)  :)))

i got very alarmed when this earlier discussion of cd went on and on,
because some of the members noted they were getting very depressed .
everytime they checked email it was like cd was being crammed down our
thoats. yes, you can hit delete - but you've still read the subject --or
maybe the subject wasn't changed and you found yourself reading about cd
again when you didn't want to. there were some who hinted that maybe
suicide was a way out after all.  :(

now in defense of jo ann: she is going through a very difficult time in her
life. you may say, well, aren't we all? and i'd have to say yes. she may
have sounded a little harsh to you, especially if you thought she was
referring to you, but i assure you it was a cry for help more than being
critical. jo ann is really a very kind, caring person. keep in mind too,
sharon, that email is rather impersonal - you can't see the person who's
writing - and it's easy to take offense when none was really meant. <sigh>

i hope your research helps. i think  any research like this is valuable.
you see, i went through some terrible emotional heavals about 6-7 years
ago. I experienced within one year the deaths of my father, my mother, my
father-in-law, my grandmother, and a very close friend. i got so when i
didn't have to work, i didn't go outside of the house. i kept the computer
online when i was home so i didn't have to talk to anyone. i experienced
the thoughts of why keep going on day after day..... and no one recognized
these signs. at that time my husband traveled a lot with his job, so he
wasn't home enough to see i had a real problem. if you'd asked me if i was
depressed, i would have laughed at you.

i really believe this was the start of pd inmy life, because i started
having some of the other symptoms i have now, but to a lesser degree then.
when i was dx'd with pd, it was just another thing to cope with -- but when
i couldn't sleep at night, the neurologist prescribed a mild antidepressant
- and upped the doses at night till i could get some rest. and wow. all of
a sudden life had more meaning. and i could look back and see - i was
severely depressed. would i call it cd? i don't know. all i know is i felt
so much better.

nowadays, i do keep the computer online when i'm home- only cause i'm tired
of 'do you want a credit card, or switch to mci' calls. but i don't HAVE to
have the pc shield me from the world. and i don't HAVE to stay home and
hide. i wouldn't have realized i had a problem if i hadn't read about pd
causing depression - and other things about cd on the list. so it is
helpful to discuss it here, we just need to temper it a little.

well didn't mean to get carried away like this. lol after all i'm supposed
to be writing verses on the curse of the wind, not the curse of pd vs cd. :)))

have a great day! and please remember sometimes we do get a little cranky
on the list, but it's like a big cyber family --and sometimes brothers and
sisters fight a little. hope i've made a little sense here after rambling
on and on.

barb k