                         jannie magnolia mouths off

     why
     are wymmyn 'sappy'
     iz whut i wanna know
     not that it's a character 'fault'
     hah!
     not that i'm implyin myn 'should' be sappy too
     hah!

     we wymmyn
     spill and share and babble
     wallowin in feelins and emotions
     analyzin and figurin and turnin things every whichaway

     cuz our ance-sisters were gatherers and young'un carers
     lookin all around for nutz 'n' berries?

     in other wurds
     shoppin and nurturin
     and developin langwidge?

     while our ance-brothers were huntin
     focused on one thang and one thang only
     competin with the wild life and each other for survival?

     in other words
     cain't do but wun thing at a time
     ain't no need to tawlk about irrelevant stuff

     didja know
     that wymmyn (in n.a. anywhay)
     speak an average of seven thousand words every day
     and myn only two thousand?

     cuz wymmyn been borned and bred to communicate
     and myn been borned and bred to hunt
     (eggceptin leagel beagels whose bin borned and bred arguyin)
     viz the tv clicker phenomenon
     he's a'huntin fer a channel
     and by gum kill it daid
     jes as soon as
     he finds it

     nawh,
     why do wymmyn seem ta think
     that myn 'should' be more like wymmyn
     and myn think that wymmyn 'should' be more like myn?

     and anuther thang,
     why do we both seem to think
     (as a turrible generalizayshun)
     that the 'others' ain't as good as 'us'?
     myn puttin wymmyn and wymmynish thangs down as sissified
     wymmyn puttin myn and mynish thangs down as luggish?

     ono
     more brayne-staynin?
     more 'my way or the highway'?

     i think i needs ta go do sum warshin
     of mah brayne er whut's
     left uv it

     janet paterson
     1999/07/29

http://www.geocities.com/janet313/wordsoth/1997/19970729.html

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/