--------------------

First, before I respond to the above posting let me say "Thank you" to all
who have responded with info, thoughts, ideas, links to sites, etc.
concerning my request for information about PWP and suicide. The info you
have supplied will be very helpful in writing the grant for a project (for
lack of a better word at the moment) I'm working on concerning PWP and
suicide.  Again, thank you.

Now, Jo Ann, I suppose I'm "the you know who" you're referring to in your
posting which I copied and pasted(see above). It wasn't my intent to upset
you or anyone with my request for info concerning depression and suicide in
PWPs, but rather an attempt to gather info for a grant I'm writing for a
project I hope will be helpful in those with PD who do have problems with
depression to the point they become suicidal. You may not, as you stated,
think about this subject, I don't think about it either as a means of dealing
with PD, however, you are not the only person involved here.  Whether you
want to realize it or not....this is a problem that needs to be addressed,
because people are being misinformed with regard to PD and suicide. Many
believe and many are told by medical professionals that suicide is virtually
nonexistant with people who have PD.  We have lost three people in less than
a year, all under the age of 40.  I know 3 doesn't sound like a great number,
but it is, especially considering most medical people believe it's
nonexistant.

If this is a subject you aren't interested in nor wish to read about....you
can skip it.  I must say I'm really appalled at your insensitive attitude.
You may not have these thoughts today, but as we all have learned who are
dealing with PD, you can't take anything for granted.......for none of us can
say, "it won't happen to me".....We do not know......

JoAnn C., I do not know you personally, and based upon your apparent lack of
compassion for others who are or might be experiencing problems that you have
no interest in, I don't care to know you personally.  You can do as the rest
of us, if you aren't interested in the subject of a particular posting, skip
it......

If I have offended anyone with my bluntness I apologize.  I do not wish to
create trouble, I only want to do my part in helping others with PD.  The
attitude of J. Coen, is inexcusable and I have very little patience with
those who have no compassion for others.  If you feel I have created a
problem and would prefer that I not post here again, please let me know and I
will remove myself from the list.
Sharon