Dear Long Lost Cybersis,

I know have a very unique perspective on Depression, Psychosis, and Dementia in PD. I have spent the past 6 months trying to figure out why me!  I know almost everyone whom has this despicable disease has dealt emotionally with problems that most people never deal with in their lifetimes. It is somewhat disturbing to realize you lose control of your actions due to long-term use of Sinemet. My problems lie with obsessive and compulsive behavior that has gotten me into trouble on a couple of fronts.

They are not easily explained.  Mainly because of embarrassment I hesitate to even describe what I am up against. However, I do think their needs to be some education put forth to help those who might encounter similar problems in the future. These drugs are causing a lack of an important connection between the frontal and temporal lobes.  I believe it occurs in the putamen.  The frontal lobe is the executioner of our decisions. Basically it distinguishes between right and wrong.  The temporal lobe forms our fears, desires and imaginative thoughts.  When they don't connect a person loses their ability to keep what is morally acceptable in relation to what they desire.  Meaning everyone has malformed or bad thoughts but are able to keep them in check with the putamen in tact making sure there is the proper decisions process according to society's mores.

Well, anyhow, I am in the battle of my life because I lost this connection through my ten years of aggressive l-dopa drug therapy.  I did something that could have had dire consequences.  It ended up being harmless.  But, I still must face court and the possibility of jail time.  I am only bearing my soul to help others realize that there is more than just PD at play here. There is also the drugs and the possibility that my bilateral pallidotomies played some role.

Well, that is all I have to say right now.  I hope people with pd can understand that this was medically driven.  A neuro-psychiatrist, Mona Lisa Schulz will testify on my behalf that this is the case.  She has been involved with many other cases that are similarly tied.

Thanks for listening,

Greg Leeman