At 12:30 2000/11/30 -0500, i wrote:
>anyone's reluctance to share phone numbers here
>
>mine is in my sig file on every message i send out
>and is thus scattered all over the pd world
>
>never
>have i received a threatening phone call
>unlike e-mail
>
>never
>have i received an obscene phone call
>unlike e-mail
>
>always
>have i made a connection on some level with
>tena mcinerney
>bob armentrout
>barb patterson
>anne rutherford
>murray charters
>barb mallut
>michel margosis
>bill isbell
>don anderson
>david boots
>lucy hartley
>mary yost
>gail vass
>ivan suzman
>and more...

the above 'never' statements remain absolutely true
while
the 'more' list now includes,
to my delight,
joan blessington snyder,
the chillicothe pd awareness campaign on two feet,

and
leonard 'chy' casavant,
the wwweb pd radio broadcaster and techno edge cutter.

a few days ago, when i described
spreading my phone number far and wide in the pd cyber world
a friend said, 'you are braver than i am'

i don't think it takes courage

i think it takes new-found recognition in this evolving world
that privacy rights and personal protections in law
now apply effectively to telephone communications
but
are still non-existent when it comes to e-mail communications

e-mail anonymity can be used for more than simply 'privacy'

buyer beware

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/