At 13:41 2000/12/03 -0500, i wrote:
>hi all
>if you find postings from me offensive
>please delete them now
>pardon the deluge of maine messages
>i would not have posted them
>if i didn't feel this issue was of importance to this list
>this maine question has me
>(your forever-nosy list-elf and former list-mom)
>in a quandary
>please note that this does not construe an attack on any individual or entity
>i simply need to know the truth before i can proceed

hi all

as a result of my posting
i have heard from one harold jones
who is on the board of the maine parkinson's society (meps)
and who clarified all of my 'quandary' questions

greg leeman
and
karen bardo
and
carol baker
and
the lincoln county news
and
maine today

are all genuine walkin talkin entities
(so to speak)
and i couldn't be happier to have all of that confirmed

i had a delightful phone conversation with harold
who happens to be karen's father
and i have to count this as
an unexpected gift
coming out of
my still on-record-experiences as previously outlined:

>why have i posted all this publicly?
>personal e-mail = anonymity = secret
>= potential for abuse, impersonation, fraud, manipulation,
>to which i have been subject multo times
>in the past several months, possibly even years,
>on many levels, not only to do with the pieNET, but with
>my website,
>my website guestbook (short-lived),
>my newsletter a_new_voice at Egroups.com,
>my postings at the parkplace bulletin board,
>and possibly even my editing of the PD category at the ODP
>unbelievable?
>i used to think so too.
>but there is too much evidence and too much on record
>for me to deny it all any longer.
>
>i do not and will not respond to personal e-mail messages
>unless they are from someone i have spoken to on the telephone
>and have been able to confirm their identity and in fact their existence
>
>i welcome all corrections and clarifications to any misinformation above
>particularly from our members in maine.

harold and i covered a lot of territory in that phone conversation;
anne rutherford and newfoundland's tulip campaign
has sprouted a vigourous off-shoot all across the state of maine;
there are an estimated 4000 to 5000 parkies still 'unconnected' in maine;
karen's spunky three-time assault of The Maine Mountain;
greg's difficulties with his second pallidotomy outcome;
the Maine Parkinson's Society (MEPS) efforts at wwweb-exposure;
ivan suzman's musical and media energy and talent;
the lou ellis bike trek in september;
all so inspiring and enlightening!

if i hadn't been so concerned
about private e-mails and identity confirmation,
this conversation would never have happened!
talk about your clouds with silver linings!

>are we not here to help each other?
>is not the enemy pd?

harold and i came to a rousing agreement on that one!

just goes to show
phone contact can't hurt
and
wow can it ever help!

in awe all over again
over the potential in this medium

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/