At 13:01 2000/12/06 -0800, davidmeigs wrote, in part:
>Hi Janet,  (and all the rest of you too)
>When I posted this topic/question I was trying to gain
>insight to my increasing tendency to want to say "Bite
>Me" in general.  I have always been a curmudgeon, just
>that I used to be a more loving one. I have received many
>answers on & off list, and they have all been very helpful.
>I don't think my growing tendency is rooted in fear.  But
>your right, much of what people do is often rooted in fear.
>I think mine may be insomnia related though.  Too often I
>go for a week or two with only 1 or 2 hr. sleep, divided up
>in 2 or 3 naps. Yesterday I slept for 5 or 6 hours, and
>last night I slept for 6.  Today, while still tiered, I am
>closer to my old hugable curmudgeon self.
>Thanks for your thoughts sis,
>David Meigs

hi all

necessities of life = water, food, sleep

protracted shortage of sleep
has been used as a form of torture
it can cause psychosis

we are not wimps for 'needing' sleep
any more than we are wimps for 'needing' to eat

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/