hi all

from what i've been learning about how our minds and egos work,
in re characteristics
which we think we see in ourselves and which we do not like,
we tend to deny their existence in us,
and see them and/or look for them in others instead
i.e. 'project them onto' others,
as a means of separating ourselves from the despised characteristics

completely irrational of course
but our egos are not known for rationality
only for self protection

the catch here is
imho
that the despised characteristic which we think we see in ourselves
isn't there

it doesn't exist

it is an illusion

projecting it onto others and attacking it there
is much the same boxing match with shadows
as hating it and attacking it in ourselves

we have made these nightmares for ourselves
they did not come with the package
which is fully and unconditionally guaranteed flawless

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/