On 6 Dec 00, at 13:29, janet paterson wrote:

> here's a test (or two or three):
> 1. how would you react to being called a "boy" by a man?

I would probably not react one way or the other; BUT, if I were
African-American and the other man was Caucasian, it would be a "red
flag".

> 2. how would you react to being called a "boy" by a woman?

If she was my mother, it wouldn't bother me.  If she was significantly
older than me, probably the same.  If she was younger than me, I
would not like it.

> 3. would you use the term "me and the boys" to refer to you and your
> male friends?

No problem here.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Professional Corporation
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink>

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"