On 6 Dec 00, at 13:12, Bob Anibal wrote:

> I remember as far back as when I was a teenager ( 70 years ago ) my
> mother calling her friends the " girls " and Lord knows how many other
> women since using the term for their peers. I guess I live in a
> parallel universe or something???

Some would argue that for females to use these words ("boob" and
"girls") would be acceptable.  I have heard African-Americans use the
"N-word" among themselves, but should one of us Caucasians use it, I
am sure that there would be a price to pay.

As to what Maryse says about life being "complicated" in the USA,
she is correct.  The lawyers and the courts have had a field day.  But,
that's the way it is!

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Professional Corporation
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink>

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"