Derek and others whom this may apply to,

I read posts and listen to person's thoughts about these diseases. I
always seem to see something like the following letter when I myself am
frustrated at times with myself, healthy people, and ill person's
laziness and inadequacies. This AM when I saw a post about anothers
loved one, I stop myself and thgt. I remember when I was in a similar
situation in my eyes. I remember hearing ' do u know about this
disease?' make it the next best <x time>damm time of ur life.' 'what
haven't u done that u still want to do if u weren't' this ill?' ' make
sure ur son knows ur not abandoning him.' and my girlfriends kept
telling me to read the book of Jobs' i thght. what the heck is going on.
So I read it and thght. 'AND??' I read it again and thought 'and???'
jeeze I must have read that book til i memorized it and thght. 'AND???'
Gosh was I a fool. Sometimes I still am:) I had a hospice nurse in my
bedroom, talking to a priest over the phone (rather listening to him
with my headset that was placed on my head before my husband went to
work), another time a secretary from my old job prating for me thru
conference calling!

My husband and I are young and he would be devastated if he didn't do
research and teach. He is now learning about language and neurology more
and apply structural engineering to neurological movement. That is his
way of dealing with the diseases and helping people in his mind. I
understand he can't be with me as much as some of the elders with the
same problems, but I wish others would and I wish I would all the time
too.

Ssoooo....caregivers don't feel the guilt concerning ur presence about
being with ur loved one 24 x7.  Talk to someone in person about ur
dealings. One person can not do it all. When I was in my bed and the
times I was in acute rehab, subacute, and a nursing home I use to talk
to the chaplain, or my girlfriend, chat room buddies on Pirch, a
psychologist, and my docs. Severity and fast progression is difficult to
handle at times.

What I am hoping to get across here is  Thank u to the person who wrote
their post about their wife. It brought me back to understanding real
fast and out of anger over something that can wait til Monday.

I am sadden about the ill wife's progression and her husband's stress.
However, I am so happy that that his wife has such determination. That
will help her alot. She understands I am sure that her husband is not
there 24X7.

I hope that the spouse continues to put faith in God, medicine, and his
wife's determination, in keeping himself healthy, and an advocate for
his wife's care.   I will thank God that I saw ur post and hope that u
continue to know He is with u and ur wife.

Sincerely,
Nancy M.