From: "janet paterson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: NONPD: Quite a Feat / testing testing

At 13:12 2000/12/06 -0500, sumwun almost but
not quite called bob annabelle wrote:
>I remember as far back as when I was a teenager
>( 70 years ago ) my mother calling her friends
>the " girls " and Lord knows how many other women
>since using the term for their peers. I guess I
>live in a parallel universe or something???
>Bob A.

hi bob

there were lots of things that were accepted as a norm 70 years ago
which have been subject to re-evaluation in the intervening years
(and i count my blessings for most of them!)

here's a test (or two or three):
1. how would you react to being called a "boy" by a man?
2. how would you react to being called a "boy" by a woman?
3. would you use the term "me and the boys" to refer to you and your male
friends?

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/