Dear Marjorie, Audrey and Darwin,

As an Aussie male I have to make a stand at - er I mean on, this subject of
Australian Toilets.

 Aussie toilets, (which are also known as Loos, Outhouses, Dunnies,
Thunderboxes and other less sophisticated names) are an important part of
the Australian way of life.   Most people visit them on a fairly regular
basis.   (I am not so sure about some of our politicians who seem to be full
of it at times)

Many Australian outback Outhouses are creatively built and a things of
beauty (depending on the urgency) and have inspired books (well - at least
one), Calenders and songs (eg the Redback on the toilet seat)

I think that the idea of cataloguing them with the GPS coordinates is an
excellent idea.    When driving in the country and the need arises I am sure
that we will just pull out our GPS receiver, make a few quick calculations
on our laptop computer to find that we only have 236 miles in an west 23.6
degrees North direction to drive to the nearest dunny.

Of course those who are couth challenged (more politically correct than
'uncouth' don't you think) would probably stop the car at the nearest bush
or rock which affords a bit of privacy and take out a shovel and the job
would be done.

Roger
A skeptic from down under