One point on the rotenone topic - it is illegal (has been for many years) to
eat fish killed with Rotenone.  As a matter of fact, I am not sure if it has
ever been legal to eat fish killed from a pond treated with Rotenone.

the trouble I have with much of this research, as it applies to people, is
that all too often, the doses required to cause ____ reaction in rats are so
high as to be improbable for people to consume the same amount.  Some
products currently being pulled from the market are used so frequently, that
exposure to them is quite likely - products like diazinon or dursban for
example.   However, these exposures, still don't subject the people to the
same doses which rats are exposed to.  I tend to agree with the list member
who concluded that scientist are hazardous to rat's health....

just an observation...
bob aka tex