For the full story:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/clinton_oxford001202.html

L O N D O N, Dec. 3 — Several heads of colleges at Oxford University favor
the appointment of President Bill Clinton as next chancellor of the
prestigious British university, The Sunday Express reported.
Clinton had the academic credentials and stature for the job and would "do
wonders" for university fund-raising, the newspaper quoted Clinton
supporters at the university as saying.
"It's vital that Oxford maintains its worldwide profile and nothing could
beat having President Clinton as Chancellor," a senior Oxford college head
said.
No Indication of Formal Moves
The Express gave no indication that formal moves were underway to get
Clinton the job, but it quoted a spokesman for him as saying he would give
it every consideration if it was offered to him after he steps down as
president in January.
Clinton, who studied at Oxford in the 1960s as a Rhodes scholar, was said
earlier this year to be house-hunting in the Oxford area in preparation for
when he leaves the White House.
It was during his time at the university that Clinton smoked marijuana,
news of which prompted his famous "I did not inhale" declaration during the
1992 U.S. presidential campaign.
The outgoing U.S. president was also presented with an honorary degree by
the university in 1994.
A spokesman for Clinton told the newspaper: "Obviously, he has strong links
to the university and were such a position offered to him, I'm sure he
would give it every consideration."

just me,
Marjorie
68/58/55

Shortcut to Mail Options click here:
http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/mailopt.html
Home of John Cottingham's PIENO. My Phone # 000-000-0000