HOLIDAYS - PD & ME! (poem)

posted December 03, 2000 10:44 PM

poem read on Chy's "Travels with Parkinson's" radio show of Dec. 3
(pegleg & toad guest speakers). Our topic was "Beating the
Holiday Blues" (Do we ever beat them?)

Holidays – PD & Me

Christmas is a’ comin’ . . . the goose is getting fat!
The tree’s not up at my house . . . and presents, they’re not wrapped!

My neighbor’s yard shines brightly with a lighted manger scene.
In my yard – bits of pumpkin, smashed the night of Halloween!

The spicy smells of cider and baking homemade bread,
Are really puffs of Glade that I have bought instead!

Doors all decorated, with tinsel & glitter galore!
But “Martha Stewart’s Not Welcome” is hanging on my door!

You see, I’m not a Scrooge, and I’d love to be so free . . .
From this thing we know as Parkinson’s - for short we say “PD.”

It robs us of our energy, our stamina and time.
When holidays arrive – we just get far behind.

Too tired to see those plays & stuff – we feel like a recluse.
But there’s a silver lining, ‘cause we’ve got a good excuse!

Christmas is a’ comin’ . . . sit back and let it roll.
Don’t worry ‘bout January bills – don’t let it take its toll!

So let the goose get foundered – watch others lose their wits.
And to you, Martha Stewart – you can kiss my grits!

copyright Peggy Willocks December, 2000

http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum71/HTML/002994.html

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/