Here is the copy of the template that you can use to write to your
congressman or senator in your state.  I will be writing my story and
sending it by fax to my Congressman's office in Washington on Tuesday.  My
Congressman is supposed to read my letter to Congress.  If we could flood
the offices of our representatives with letters and phone calls Tuesday this
might would open some doors for us.  I am sorry it has taken so long to get
this to you.  I have been battling pain for the past four days.  Thanks so
much for the help.  Keep up the fight!!  Love, Sandra

<Your name>

<Your Street>

<Your City, State Zip>

Phone: <your phone>

E-Mail: <Your Email>

<The Date>

The Honorable <Senator or Representative’s First and Last Name>

<His Street Address>

<His City, State & Zip>

Dear <Senator or Congressman> <His Last Name>,

I am writing to you today in support of Bill S. 2807 which will establish a
Medicare Prescription Drug and Supplemental Benefit program. Along with over
1 million other people in this country, I have Parkinson’s Disease and feel
this bill’s passage will have a great effect not only on the Parkinson’s
Community but on all of the elderly and disabled as well.  Many disabled and
elderly people live on little or no money after paying their medical
expenses.

I’d like to tell you of an excellent example in our own Parkinson’s
Community – Sandra Norris, a 40-year-old woman who has done battle with
Parkinson’s Disease for the last twenty years.  Sandra’s income per month is
$782.00 and she spends $620.89 on medicine every month.  This leaves her
with $161.11 for living expenses.  She is an inspiration to those of us that
know her. This is truly not the American dream and she is not the only
person in our country who has to live such a life. Her Congressman, Cass
Ballenger of the 10th District of North Carolina, will be presenting her
story before Congress.  We urge you to listen and to remind him to tell
Sandra Norris’ story.

<Senator or Congressman> <Last Name>, I urge you to take this into careful
consideration when you are called upon to vote on Bill S. 2807.  Thank you
for taking the time to read my letter.

Sincerely,

<Your Name>