REMEMBER THE HR 4680.PCS/S2807......

Sandy Norris 40/28/20 check my new site..  www.plwp.org/sandys_parkie_porch.htm
"Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see."
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [log in to unmask]
  To: [log in to unmask] ; [log in to unmask] ; [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2000 8:04 AM
  Subject: Re: Thomas Search.htm

  Good morning. First, thanks Tim for the OK and offer of help on the civics
  lesson cover letter Greg and I will write. It will be a crash refresher
  course for the two of us.  Second, the attachment said only that no search
  had been entered, so I went back to Thomas and searched under both the house
  and senate numbers (HR 4680/S2807). And this is what I found:

  HR 4680.PCS (the final version in the House)
  Sponsor: Rep Thomas, William M. (Bill) (introduced 6/15/2000)
  Related Bills: H.RES.539
  Latest Major Action: 6/30/2000 Read the second time. Placed on Senate
  Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 655.
  Title: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for a
  voluntary program for prescription drug coverage under the Medicare Program,
  to modernize the Medicare Program, and for other purposes.

  S 2807
  Sponsor: Sen Breaux, John B. (introduced 6/28/2000)
  Latest Major Action: 6/28/2000 Referred to Senate committee
  Title: A bill to amend the Social Security Act to establish a Medicare
  Prescription Drug and Supplemental Benefit Program and to stabilize and
  improve the Medicare+Choice program, and for other purposes.

  The bill has been introduced into the Senate, but up until now has been HR
  4680. I think in your letter, Tim, you would want to refer to the current
  bill (S2807) and Greg and I will take care of the House number id in our
  cover letter as part of explaining the process. Or, after you mention S2807,
  in parens put (formerly HR 4680). That should be perfectly clear, doncha
  think?

  Stay in touch--
  aj