Thanks Michael,
It was indeed clordane that I was trying to remember. I am not having one of
my best days today, and that was driving me batty trying to remember.
Unfortunantely, many people misused chlordane, even after we knew just how
dangerous it could be.  As a termite control, buried, it was safe, but I had
several homeowners who were convinced that spraying it inside the house was
the best way to control whatever pest they were worried about at the time.
One gentleman called me and asked how to mix it to spray it in his attic. I
explained it was not safe, legal, labeled etc, and he kept insisting, "I
know you have to say that, but IF I DID, what strength to mix etc" I finally
asked him if he had grandchildren, and when he said yes, I suggested that if
he sprayed, and if they ever visited, to have their wills made out in
advance - the phone got very quiet, and he said,"You really don't think I
should spray this, do you?"  I had been telling him just that for 15 min or
more.  Unfortunantly, many people misused the product, and didn't call
anyone first.
thanks again for the mental push
bob aka tex