Dear Phil,
I am in the middle of trying to get Social Security Disability Benefits.
It is necessary to be very patient when waiting for any government
agency.  I was turned down the first time. (I've been told this is routine.)
I hired an attorney (fee contingent on my receiving benefits) and appealed.
My attorney tells me that, if I'm turned down again, the next step is a
hearing.
I know someone who was legally blind that was turned down 5 times before
he got his benefits.  You must be persistent.  I live in Wisconsin.  I don't
know what happens in other states.  I have had to fill out many forms and
had numerous phone interviews.  Parkinsons is a disability.  Hang in there!

At 07:58 PM 12/8/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>does anyone know how difficult it is to qualify for ssa disability benefits
>with pd? im thinking of applying and im a littlle nervous iread the ssa
>process and list of impairments please advise thank you.

Sue
53/dx52/50
I plan to live forever---so far so good.