To Sandy, Bonnie,Juanita and Greg,
I am sorry that I did not give you enough background to clarify my question.
I have been through months of paperwork with the WI Equal Rights Division
and have a case number with EEOC.  I have received a notice of an Initial
Determination of Probable Cause and a letter saying that the case will soon
go to hearing.  So, I have been interviewing attorneys.  I guess you guys can't
really tell me what to do next, I just need the support.  It is a very hard
decision
to make--we don't have a lot of money. The 1st attorney wants a retainer of
$10,000
plus expenses and that is a contingent fee!  We have found others whose
retainers
are far less and one who wants no retainer but settles almost all
cases.  And then
there's the option of contacting the Administrative Law Judge before the
hearing and
offering to settle--no attorney necessary.  I have even contacted the
Wisconsin Coalition
for Advocacy but I guess we're too "rich" for them to help us.  So, I am
going to have
to make some kind of decision this weekend.  Thanks for being there to vent to.

At 10:09 PM 12/8/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Sue,
>Hello, you may want to call Legal Aid in your state and they should be able
>to tell you who specializes in workplace disability  discrimination suits.
>Specifically ADA wins.  American with Disabilities Act.   They should have a
>record of their wins.  The bar association should be able to tell you. You
>can also seek out the EEOC in your state.  Hope this helps...
>
>Sandy Norris 40/28/20 check my new site..
>www.plwp.org/sandys_parkie_porch.htm
>"Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see."

Sue
53/dx52/50
I plan to live forever---so far so good.