I agree with Bob Fink re: how humor is expressed.

Witty and Intelligent Humor is often directed at the self, making fun of
oneself.

Offensive humor is putting down of others, to have them appear less bright,
so we can help ourselves to feel better about our
selfs.

Humor has often been used as a way to discharge frustration and aggression.

We make fun of our leaders to cut them down to size, after we have elevated
them to begin with, and we use satire as way to disguise values that would
not be accepted if expressed directly.

The Great Comedians, ie, Danny Kaye, Jack Benny, Eddie Cantor, Charlie
Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Bob Newheart, made themselves the object of humor.

A significant issue raised by Bob, which I think deserves a good deal of
thought, is that we can get use to aggression and hostility by clothing it
in humor.

Anybody for a "Good Humor Bar covered in chocolate ? "