WOW!!  What happened?  Should I just say 'I agree', 'I disagree', 'yes',
'no' and let the members apply the words in whichever order they want?

When someone wants to tell a joke that is sexist or racist, perhaps
picturing those reading your joke as members of whichever group is the
butt of the joke might give you some second thoughts about posting it.
If that doesn't work, just DON'T send it.  Humour is quite often used as
a weapon....if it's not funny for everyone, it's not funny!  In a world
that has countries  where babies are aborted if female, or killed or
abandoned at birth, or sexually mutilated to protect their future
husband's rights to a 'virgin' wife...or murdered by their husband or
in-laws for profit....where the punishment for rape is death but the
death of the victim (even if only a child)...in such a world, sexist
humour is definitely out of bounds and unwelcome on this list.

As to the direction the list is taking, I'm not really happy with it
either.  New members are getting less support and information than ever
before.  I welcome suggestions to improve the quality & decrease the
quantity of mail.

As to verbal abuse of members, I suggest that the first time it happens,
the person be given a warning.  The second time it happens, the person
should be deleted from the list.  We all have enough to deal with in our
battle against Parkinson's...we really don't need another enemy.

As I've been writing this, over 70 messages (including error messages
from the listserver) have arrived in my inbox...my typing is slow now but
not that slow!  I hope some of them are positve.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing