Friends--Though I usually SNIP when replying to posts, I'm including ALL of
Barb Patterson's post in case anyone missed it---and want to say :
        THANKS, BARB--WE NEEDED THAT !!!

Are we all stressed out about the election maybe???

>WOW!!  What happened?  Should I just say 'I agree', 'I disagree', 'yes',
>'no' and let the members apply the words in whichever order they want?
>
>When someone wants to tell a joke that is sexist or racist, perhaps
>picturing those reading your joke as members of whichever group is the
>butt of the joke might give you some second thoughts about posting it.
>If that doesn't work, just DON'T send it.  Humour is quite often used as
>a weapon....if it's not funny for everyone, it's not funny!  In a world
>that has countries  where babies are aborted if female, or killed or
>abandoned at birth, or sexually mutilated to protect their future
>husband's rights to a 'virgin' wife...or murdered by their husband or
>in-laws for profit....where the punishment for rape is death but the
>death of the victim (even if only a child)...in such a world, sexist
>humour is definitely out of bounds and unwelcome on this list.
>
>As to the direction the list is taking, I'm not really happy with it
>either.  New members are getting less support and information than ever
>before.  I welcome suggestions to improve the quality & decrease the
>quantity of mail.
>
>As to verbal abuse of members, I suggest that the first time it happens,
>the person be given a warning.  The second time it happens, the person
>should be deleted from the list.  We all have enough to deal with in our
>battle against Parkinson's...we really don't need another enemy.
>
>As I've been writing this, over 70 messages (including error messages
>from the listserver) have arrived in my inbox...my typing is slow now but
>not that slow!  I hope some of them are positve.
>

>Barb

>Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
>HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
>                        School of Nursing

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH
        On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        We agree to differ...
                                we resolve to love...
                                                   we  unite to serve.