Date sent:              Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:52:51 -0500
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   "Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Danger or false sensation  HELP! Is my mouth falling into
                mystomach?
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Barb, would you mind if I e-mailed your post (below) to the
> neurologists who respond to PD-related questions? Possibly one might
> have some suggestion that could help. With love and prayers, Kathrynne
>
> Barbara Blake-Krebs wrote:
> >
> >    I think my mouth and throat may fall down into my stomach.  I am
> >    having
> > pain in my mouth that feels like a chain is pulling my lower gums
> > loose from my jaw and my mouth is getting smaller.  My GP says this
> > is a sensation, but it is physically impossible.  I have a lot of
> > pain and I am scared because right now I can only feel fiber like
> > pieces of hard plastic "ribbon".  Is this perestitia or am I in
> > danger?  What should I do? Barbara Blake Krebs [log in to unmask]
> > 913-677-4419

Sounds like some kind of dyskinesia to me.  I would see the
neurologist and also check the mdosages of the medications.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"