    Re-posted, to the List, with the permission of Nancy.

Best,

Bob

From:                   Robert A. Fink, M. D. <[log in to unmask]>
To:                     nancy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: morning
Date sent:              Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:50:53 -0800

Date sent:              Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:50:55 -0500
From:                   nancy <[log in to unmask]>
To:                     [log in to unmask]
Subject:                morning

> Dr. Fink I don't understand sometimes the paranoia totally. Maybe
> it's is anger, maybe it is a neuro disease playing havic on one's
> brain, maybe it's the holidays stress. Don't know. All I know is the
> fighting will stop.

Many thanks, Nancy.  I don't think that the "jokes" which are posted
by some are due to their illness.  I think that they have their
prejudices and insensitivities "built-in".  I think that we all have
such.

What is angering for me is to see these people, when they are told
that their remarks are offensive, insisting on continuing them.  Lord
knows, I have probably made insensitive remarks in the past (and will
probably do it in the future); but when someone "calls me" on this, I
will step back and listen, modifying my behavior when indicated.

Prejudicial and demeaning remarks have no place in a free society.
While I do not have PD, I have also experienced insensitive treatment,
especially when I was a young boy.  I was a little bit "chunky" and
tended to be somewhat "cerebral" (rather than "macho"), and I was
jeered as the "fatso" who was a "Mama's boy" and "teacher's pet".  It
took many years (and a pretty effective time as a home-run-hitting
baseball player in school) to change some of those attitudes; but they
still hurt, after all of these years. That is why I am so tenacious on
this subject and will not stop being so.  I have four children (all
daughters) and two stepchildren; and they have all been trained to be
sensitive towards others; and hopefully, the next generation will do
better than mine.

I wanted to send this note to the List; but since you posted it
privately, I kept it private.  If you would not mind, I would suggest
that perhaps you should forward your message and my response to the
List, as I think that it covers some ground that has not yet been
covered.  I shall, however, leave that up to you.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"