Date sent:              Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:25:05 -0600
Send reply to:          [log in to unmask]
From:                   Joan and Stan Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Would everyone please stop for a moment...
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> .and I cannot imagine a list without poetry! Why it was here that I
> first met Dennis, and Margaret and Jerry and Sandy and Mary Manfredi,
> Bern, Tex and so many countless others who made my heart glad just to
> read what they had written! I guess that I expect so much out of
> people because they always show me that they are the best whether it
> was their poetry or their humour

Whoa!  What is this stuff about "poetry"?  I never objected to poetry,
and neither did I object to humor, as long as the "humor" was not
sexist, racist, ageist, or otherwise inconsiderate of others.  Humor does
not have to be hurtful to others in order to be "funny".  And poetry is
just fine (I write some myself, but usually don't post it to a medical
group).  If we are going to examine what has been going on, let's
examine what *really* is the issue.  And that issue is common
consideration of others and a rejection of prejudice and bigotry.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"